Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Javon Walker Has No Recollection Of That Wild Ride, Sir


Last week, Broncos' wide receiver Javon Walker was found beaten and unconscious on a street in Las Vegas. No one really knew what happened; though, some of the rumors floating around were pretty "out there"(Cristal wars, Floyd Mayweather thugs, oh my!). Even Walker himself didn't really seem to remember what went done, as was conveyed through his not so in-depth interview with TheDirty.com(via Deadspin):

"I was just back at my room and at about 5:30 in the morning I got a knock at the door. I opened it and 3 guys with guns were there. They cracked me in the head a few times, knocking me unconscious. They then robbed me of everything I had; my watch, money, everything! Somehow they got me to a car and dropped me off in the street. That’s what happened."

That sounds incredibly devious! Those rapscallions assaulted Mr. Walker then drove him from the scene of the crime! Wait, that's not exactly how it happened? Hmm, you don't say. Well, you might not, but Las Vegas Police Lieutenant Clinton Nichols does:
Las Vegas police have made an arrest in the robbery and beating case involving NFL player Javon Walker.

Lt. Clinton Nichols said Tuesday that 30-year-old Arfat Fadel is suspected of multiple felonies including kidnapping and robbery. Police said Fadel was arrested Friday and police were looking for a second suspect.

Nichols said police believe the second man is still in Las Vegas.

He said the 29-year-old Walker got into a vehicle with the two men early June 16 before he was found beaten and unconscious on a side street near the Las Vegas Strip.

That's quite a bit different than the account that Mr. Walker gave. Though, whenever you get your ass kicked you're probably going to want to make it sound as dangerous as you possibly can.

No comments: