Thursday, July 26, 2007

Goodbye Curtis Martin, Thanks For The Fantasy Points


With Curtis Martin announcing his retirement today, I thought it might be interesting to see what type of career fantasy football player he was. I've had him on teams in the past, and appreciated his contribution to my FFL teams.

Anyway, I'll be using the scoring system of:
1pt per every 20yds rushed
6pts per every rushing TD
1pt per every 20yds receiving
6pts per every receiving TD
-2pts per every fumble lost


The only stat that I haven't included is two-point conversion total(worth 2pts each), but I don't think it would add too much to the overall total.

So, Martin's 14,101 yards rushing would give him 705pts, his 90 rushing TD's equal 540pts, his 3329 receiving yards would be 166pts(yes, I'm rounding here), his 10 receiving TD's would be 60pts and his 16 fumbles lost would be -32pts.

That's a grand total of 1,439 career fantasy points, or an average of 130pts per season.

He's not up there like some of the backs that don't have quite as many yards, but scored a ton of touchdowns(i.e. Marcus Allen). However, he was still a solid running back and a solid fantasy contributor.

Goodbye C-Mart, and thanks for the points.

No comments: