Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Goodbye Fan Attic!


I'm not an Orlando Magic fan, though I don't hate them either, but I did like the Fan Attic building in downtown Orlando that sold their merchandise.

I remember seeing that building whenever my parents took my sister and I to the themeparks. Passing it meant that we were almost there. I also remember my friends who were Magic fans purchasing jerseys, hats and posters that they couldn't find anywhere else(yes kids, this was before the Internet became a global marketplace).

I'm sad to see it go, but downtown Orlando's traffic is a nightmare, and the Fan Attic's demolition is just another project that hopefully helps alleviate some congestion(good luck with that).

The Orlando Sentinel has pretty good coverage on the whole thing.

No comments: