Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Every Team Has Sore Losers

I saw this a few days after the Super Bowl, but watched it and moved along. Then I was reminded of it by a friend, and figured that I would post it up. Basically, it's a New England Pats' fan that claims the refs jobbed his team of a Super Bowl win and a perfect season by mismanaging the clock in the final 2 minutes of the game.

I can see the point that he's trying to make, and if I were in his shoes, rooting for a team that dominated all season only to fail in the biggest game, I would be looking for excuses as well. However, if this were such a huge issue I think that Bill Belichick and his staff would have caught it while it was occuring, and they would have raised hell. Seriously, they got a first down during the game by having the officials review a punt to see if the Giants had 12 men on the field(they did). This clock issue happened at the most crucial point in the game, and I didn't see anyone on the Patriots team, players or staff, calling it to the attention of the officials. Oh well, he can cry into his Sam Adams all he wants, but it won't erase the "1" from the loss column.

Were the Patriots Robbed of a Super Bowl Win? This conspiracy theorist`s video proves that the referees gave the Giants extra time on the clock. He makes a point.

No comments: