Friday, February 22, 2008

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere - Running Edition

Since it's Friday, and the end of the workweek for most people, we think that you should be provided with a post that takes the edge off so to speak. Because it's going to be random and hopefully humorous, that means that it won't always be sports related. It will also pop up at any time on Friday.

I used to run a lot when I was younger. Throughout my later years of high school and into college I probably averaged 40-50 miles of running per week. However, I eventually got burnt out, and that average dropped down close to 0. I was still being active, but I wasn't logging the miles or running competitvely like I had before. Well, this past Christmas I received the Nike+ system, and it's motivated me to get out and start running again. I've also decided to start preparing myself to run a 5K hopefully in March or April. It's been a long time, but it all seems so familiar.

So this week's "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" post is dedicated to Chris Legh. He's the triathlete who collapsed and almost died during the Hawaii Ironman event. However, he was able to overcome his obstacles with training and knowledge, and won the 2004 Ironman Cour D'Alene. Hopefully, I'll be able to "snap the tape" in whatever races I decide to enter.



Happy Friday!

No comments: